What is misclassification?
Frequently asked questions on misclassification
Report misclassification here
Kansas Department of Revenue home page
Kansas Department of Labor home page
Graphic of Office Buildings

Misclassification of Workers

Kansas employers are required to report wages to the Department of Revenue and the Department of Labor for the purposes of Withholding Tax, Unemployment Tax and Workers' Compensation.

If an employer intentionally classifies a worker as an independent contractor to avoid paying these taxes, there is help available now because of a new law that protects workers and taxpayers.

Misclassifying employment in Kansas harms the workers, the business community and all taxpayers in Kansas.

If you believe that you, or someone you know has been intentionally misclassified to avoid payment of taxes, here is an easy way to report it. You don't even have to give us your name! Just click here to report misclassification.

Copyright 2006
Kansas Department of Revenue | Kansas Department of Labor | Misclassification Home Page