W-2 information can be uploaded in three (3) file formats:
- Magnetic Media Reporting and Electronic Filing (MMREF-1)
- Pre-defined Comma Separated Value (CSV)
- IRS Publication 1220 (1220)
For file format specifications, visit KDOR?s Forms and Publications Withholding page at http://www.ksrevenue.org/forms-btwh.html.
Follow these steps to test the validity of the file format:
- Select the Type of File to be tested. If the test file is a CSV file, identify whether the
file contains a header row by selecting the appropriate header row option. The header row option
is not applicable to MMREF-1 or 1220 file types.
- Click the ?Browse? button and select the file to be tested.
- Click the ?Validate? button to test the file.
- Review the list of errors, if any, make corrections and repeat the test.
The test will discontinue after 25 errors are discovered. The list of errors contains information
about what the error is and where the error occurred. In most cases errors will repeat as each line
is tested. Fixing one of the errors may reduce the list by eliminating the repeats. Repeat the test
as needed. If you need assistance, contact Electronic Services at 1-800-525-3901 or firstname.lastname@example.org.